22 March 2010
Nostalgia: Conversations

Overheard once upon a time at the Princeton Quadrangle Club-

Person 1: Okay, I know how you can get money. You're going to write a proposal to the Department of Defense asking them for a grant to create the technology to destroy zombies.

Person 2: Yeah, right.

Person 1: No, wait. See, they'll laugh it off, but then a week later I'll send out my own letter to the Pentagon, asking them for money to perfect some nearly-finished research to create zombies. I will also casually explain that I sent a similar letter to fourteen other major governments, and that they're in a bidding war and a race against the clock. They'll panic and send you your money immediately.

Person 3: Do you think you can get a grant to make the Philosopher's Stone? Or a shrinking ray?

Person 1: What's wrong with zombies?

Person 3: They're just messy.

1 comment:

  1. They are extremely messy-with the organs, and the blood, and the drooling, not to mention the property damage. However, I feel this adds to the threat. If nothing else, no one wants to clean up after that. There is no zombie insurance. You can't get your money back on that.

    ReplyDelete